May 27, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Jack Nicklaus is starting to sound like the old man from S*** My Dad Says. Which is kind of awesome. We all know that recently Ryder Cup captain Corey Pavin gave his stamp of non-approval to Tiger Woods, saying: “He’s certainly not going to be an automatic pick. He’s just going to be treated like everyone else.” Speaking to reporters in Madrid, where he was checking out a golf course project, Nicklaus had his own take on the Pavin-Tiger controversy. And it was to-the-point, as you’d imagine.
“He’d (Pavin) need a brain scan if he left Tiger out of the team,” Nicklaus told local reporters at the unveiling of a project to design two courses at the exclusive La Moraleja, 10 miles from the venue for this week’s Madrid Masters, the Real Sociedad Hípica Club de Campo.
“Of course he should pick Tiger. The truth is that Tiger is going through some personal problems, which I’ve nothing to say about, and he’s also got some problems with his game, which he’s going to have to resolve himself. But Tiger will be in the team, I have no doubt.”
Woods announced recently that he would play at the Memorial Tournament in Dublin, Ohio next week, despite withdrawing from the final round of the Players Championship on May 9 due to
the effects of a whiplash a neck injury. Woods is the defending champion of the tournament, hosted by Nicklaus.
Nicklaus offers Pavin sharp advice [Irish Times]
Jack Nicklaus defends Tiger, tells Corey Pavin to get brain scan [Devil Ball Golf]
Tiger no ‘automatic pick’ for Ryder Cup team [NBCSports]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million