Mar 22, 2010, 2:00 PM EST
Much commotion today over Stephon Marbury being named MVP of China’s professional basketball All-Star Game, as he scored 30 points and by all accounts saved what was a boring affair with a lot of no-look passes and general Starburyness. More interesting me, however, were two things:
1. In China, Marbury has an interpreter. I thought he needed one when he played in the U.S. … so an interview with him in Chinese must be an amazing adventure.
2. China is about 25 years behind us in uniform technology. The Rainbow guts are back! Long live the Houston Astros’ Tequila Sunrise!
Starbury lights up China’s All-Star Game [TVNZ]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found