Mar 17, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
So if you’ve purchased a new Hawaiian shirt to attend the big Manny Pacquiao concert in Waikiki on Sunday, you might want to consider returning it. Ticket sales for “Manny Pacquiao Live In Hawaii Concert Celebration” did not exactly reach Elvis-like proportions; in fact, after only 603 tickets were sold for the 8,000-plus seat Hawaiian venue, the concert was canceled.
You could learn a thing or two from Elvis, Manny. He had all the tools.
From the Honolulu Advertiser:
Pacquiao, whose pay-per-view take and fight purse from last Saturday’s unanimous decision over Joshua Clottey is expected to be between $17 million and $20 million, was going to earn $100,000 for performing Sunday. He was going to sing for an hour with his MP Band and he was going to give away an autographed replica of the IBO light welterweight championship belt he earned with his win over Ricky Hatton last May. More than 20 other musicians, deejays, jugglers, dancers and magicians were also scheduled to take part in the concert.
It actually sounds like a lot of fun, and had I been in Waikiki on Sunday — and was able to round up 500 friends to allow the event to break even — I would have attended. Except for one thing: I happened to see this:
A couple of those notes were pummeled beyond recognition. I suspect steroids.
Can’t leave this post there, however. I would never do that to you.
Manny Pacquiao’s Hawaii concert canceled because of poor ticket sales [Honolulu Advertister]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found