Mar 17, 2010, 12:00 PM EST
Only 29 days, 7 hours, 14 minutes to go until The Masters, but chances are that Tiger Woods poster you’ve been working on will not get through the front gate at Augusta National. Masters officials have vowed that not heckling of any kind will be tolerated — even directed toward that bastard Stewart Cink! — and those who try it will be hauled off to prison. Indeed, that’s one of the reasons Tiger picked this pristine event to make his comeback. It’s like he’ll be competing in an animated Disney movie, with cartoon bluebirds perched on his shoulder as he putts.
Tiger seems to have won the war with hecklers before it even starts. But has he? If history has taught us anything, it’s that battles are won and lost on the basis of air support.
Video following the jump.
Fun fact: The Ringling Bros. Circus immediately precedes The Masters in Augusta this year. Appropriate. From a rather biased, homer column by Scott Michaux of the Augusta Chronicle today:
All the bombast and innuendo of the tabloid press, however, isn’t going to breach the perimeter of Augusta National during Masters Week. We’ll just need to put our blinders on when everything outside the gates gets put in the spotlight of a TV glare that doesn’t usually befall our little corner of the world.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found