Mar 17, 2010, 3:00 PM EST
Yes, it’s amusing that one can apply online to be the next men’s basketball head coach at DePaul. Especially when the NCAA tourney is right on our doorstep (I’m picturing Steve Lavin in his boxers typing in his resume while watching Duke-Lehigh). But the fact is that many universities require an online posting of any open job position, including cafeteria worker, dean of students, and basketball coach. It’s just extra funny when it’s DePaul, which has all of two conference wins over the past two seasons in the Big East.
Online posting screen grab following the jump.
From Tremendous Upside Potential:
DePaul axed Jerry Wainwright on January 11 and still doesn’t have a head coach. As such, drastic times call for drastic measures: DePaul has posted the men’s basketball coach job on its website.
If you want to coach a Big East basketball team next season, all you have to do is apply online. Just don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter!
And no, this isn’t a joke. To get to the page linked above, just do this:
Hmm, has the University of Oregon posted a similar listing? Apparently not; although they are looking for a cheerleading coach.
Apply Online to Be the Next Head Coach of DePaul. Seriously [Tremendous Upside Potential]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found