Mar 17, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
I can think of no better way to mark our first St. Patrick’s Day here at OOB than with a Twitter offering from Conan O’Brien, my favorite unemployed talk show host. Two things we can learn from Conan here: 1. If you’re going to have a Twitter profile pic, it might as well be with a monkey; 2. There really is a Savannah College of Art and Design, although it has no men’s basketball program. They do have baseball, however. The Fighting Bees improved to 17-11 after a 5-4 win over the Indiana Institute of Technology on Tuesday.
Do you have your NCAA tourney picks in? Only 24 hours until the big action starts, my little leprechauns. Get those brackets filled out. Orange moons, green clovers, crippling shame and regret for picking Duke.
Don’t sell yourself short, Wednesday. You’re a terrific slouch.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT …
What you missed while engaging in an ‘Italian filibuster” …
* The baboon uprising started with golf, will end with the World Cup.
*The question is, will South Africa spend more on its World Cup safe sex campaign, or on president Jacob Zuma’s 20 children?
* Old man will race you to Applebee’s.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
You know they’re bad guys because they’re scruffy-looking.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: Traditions of the Preakness Stakes
- Play Video: NBC Sports Live Extra tutorial
- Play Video: Gary Stevens wins third Preakness
- Play Video: Konig takes Stage 7, van Garderen retains overall lead
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT