Mar 10, 2010, 4:00 PM EST
Alleged Wonderlic Scores Leak, But Do They Matter? Gators QB Tim Tebow scored a 22 on his Wonderlic, Jimmy Clausen 23, Colt McCoy 25 and Sam Bradford 36 out of 50, per NFL source. I’m sure the immediate reaction goes something like this: “OMG! Tim Tebow is stupid!” Yes, if those scores are correct, he has the lowest of the “name-brand” QBs in this year’s draft. Those numbers don’t even really touch some of the greats in history. [The Sporting Blog]
More items following the jump.
* Julius Peppers Might Take Some Plays Off, But So Would You. One would think that something as perplexing and extraordinary as the Bears signing a free agent to a $90+ million contract would have caused this football crazy city to explode. That really wasn’t the case. [Tremendous Upside Potential]
* Manny Pacquiao Gives Jerry Jones the Escaped Bottle of Wine from St. Elmo. Todd Archer of The Dallas Morning News shared with us that Pacquiao presented Jerry Jones with an autographed bottle of Caymus Special Selection wine prior to his workout Tuesday — the exact same bottle the Saints drank in Indy. Clearly Pacquiao’s doing what he can to get on Jerruh’s good side. After the gate numbers are in Saturday, I’m guessing it’s Jerruh who will be lavishing Pacman with gifts. [Larry Brown Sports]
* We fail to see how this is anything but majestic. How anyone could see anything but excellence permeating every pixel of this photo could only be the product of a disgruntled Seahawks fan venting over Bosworth’s roid-deflation and subsequent lackluster NFL career. [EDSBS]
* Chicago Blackhawks Fans Cheering During the National Anthem, Offensive? The Chicago Blackhawks have a tradition. Instead of half-assedly standing, removing hats and feigning interest during the Star-Spangled Banner, fans clap, man-yelp and scream lustily. It’s been tradition since 1985, but at least one Detroit radio personality finds it disrespectful. Here is Rob Otto’s take on “one of the most awful traditions in sports” which “makes his skin crawl.” [The Big Lead]
Got an item you’d like to see in blogdome? There are several forms you’ll need to fill out. You can find them here, at Rickchand@gmail.com.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found