Mar 9, 2010, 4:00 PM EST
Brooke Shields: Other side to life with Andre Agassi. Agassi wrote that he became incensed when he was on the set of “Friends” the day Shields — in a guest-starring role in which she stalks Matt LeBlanc’s character, Joey — was required to lick LeBlanc’s hand. In Agassi’s account, he said he rushed back to their house and smashed his Wimbledon trophies. In the article, Shields expressed anger that the story ended there. “Does he mention I spent the next three years replicating those trophies? He doesn’t say that, does he? Of course not. That’ll be in my book!” [Norm Blog]
More items following the jump.
* Canada Flushes Anxiety Away In Unison. Pat’s Papers published a graph released by the EPCOR, Edmonton’s water utility, cataloging water demand the night of the Olympic hockey men’s gold medal game. It’s pretty interesting, though not all that surprising, when you think about it. The biggest demand came right after the medal ceremony, which means the Canadian populous rose up as a whole, cheered for their gold and then headed for relief. [The Grinder]
* Kannapolis offers free admission to vets this season. The Kannapolis Intimidators (Low Class A; Sally League) are moving past veterans’ discounts and will offer free admission this season to any past or present member of the military — with promotional assistance from the U.S. Marine Corps. This offer is valid for all 70 home games in the 2010 season. [Ballpark Digest]
* Sports Guys Ads Help Nutri-System Lose $8 Billion. Last week publicly-traded Nutri-System reported quarterly results to investors and, unlike the waistlines of its sports celebrity pitchmen, company profits have slimmed considerably. In the past quarter (three months), the value of the company’s stock has declined by 52%, equaling an $8 billion dollar loss. … In part because of an overextended ad campaign featuring Don Shula, Dan Marino, Chris Berman and (previously) Mike Golic, among others. [SportsbyBrooks]
* Design Youk’s Facial Hair And Help Some Kids. Red Sox first baseman Kevin Youkilis understands the value of facial hair. He’s allowing fans to vote on one of four facial hair designs he could sport on Opening Day against the Yankees. In order to vote, a $1 donation has to be made to Youk’s charity, Hits for Kids, which describes itself as “dedicated to rallying local and corporate support for charities and organizations focused on the health and wellbeing of children”. [The Sporting Blog]
Send blogdome items to Rickchand@gmail.com.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found