Mar 9, 2010, 2:00 PM EST
Quite a commotion over at Chad Ochocinco’s Twitter page right now, as the Bengals’ receiver is delivering a series of broadsides at ESPN radio guy Colin Cowherd, which are both fun and informative. First, who knew that NFL players listen to Colin Cowherd? Second, it’s kind of refreshing to see something on Ocho’s Twitter page that isn’t totally self serving and/or a marketing device. The young man seems genuinely irked over something Cowherd said during his show today … apparently concerning NFL players and irresponsibility. I don’t have the audio yet, but here’s what I’ve been able to piece together on Twitter.
UPDATE: Cowherd audio following the jump.
UPDATE: Here’s the audio.
Evidently, Cowherd said something to the effect of ’70% of NFL and NBA players are broke within 5 years of retirement,’ and used Ochocinco’s name as part of his point. Random tweet:
* lol @OGOchoCinco getting salty cause @ESPN_Colin (Colin Cowherd) made some true statements about athletes that blow money & end up broke
Ochocinco responded with a barrage of Twitter posts, among them:
* @espn_colin you look like an extra from the movie LORD OF THE RINGS, get your lisp fixed before you do your next show ! about 1 hours ago via Swift
* @espn__michelle tell your lil fake Ryan Seacrest never made it in life so I am gonna judge everybody who does what I couldn’t do to shutup! about 1 hours ago via Swift
* I guess Colin won’t be happy till I get a DUI, arrested, well hell maybe I should get accused of rape, maybe that’ll make him STFU!!!! about 1 hours ago via Swift
* Colin Coward with all the negative going on with athletes how do u find a way to lump me n yo show just say I don’t like this black guy!! about 1 hours ago via Swift
Wow. Was dragging Ben Roethlisberger into this really necessary? Or course, there was also this:
* @tyrabanks Tyra where are you, i misplaced your number, hit me on my Latin line. about 3 hours ago via web
Now that’s the Ochocinco we all know and love.
Cowherd, for those who aren’t familiar, has a late morning show on ESPN Radio and ESPNU, and is also the co-host of the ESPN2 TV show SportsNation. All quiet on his Twitter account right now; of course, he’s probably on the air.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found