Mar 8, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
I’m one of the few people I know who skips the Academy Awards telecast and actually attends a movie. Why watch a TV show about movies when you can see one? Finally saw Crazy Heart, which was good, but I liked it better the first time I saw it when it was called Tender Mercies. Some other good tweets this morning:
@RickMuscles: Sandra Bullock’s Oscar is proof the SEC has become too powerful.
@jennifersterger: Do you think James Cameron feels Peyton Manning’s pain right now?
@AndyHutchins: The only way to top Bigelow’s revenge? Elin Nordegren wins the 2010 Masters.
@YankeesWFAN: What do you mean The Tooth Fairy isn’t Best Picture?????
Meanwhile, Page Six is reporting that Academy Awards producers nixed “several” Tiger Woods jokes from the telecast, which is sad, because those are always fun. But congrats to Bullock, who takes home only the second best actress Oscar in a sports movie; the other of course being …
Monday? Mr. Warner will see you now …
ABOUT LAST NIGHT …
What you missed while reading the headline of the day so far …
* He’s back! All Jeff Garcia is missing is a hockey mask and a machete.
* Hardball: Iverson’s wife hires divorce attorney who once worked for Jane Fonda, Chris Rock.
* They’re jailing people for violent soccer tackles now.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Meet Ranger Buzz Miller: Due to the two gallons of coffee he drinks per day, has not slept since 1941.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found