Mar 7, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Alright, alright, before all you Idahoistanis get all up in a tizzy about the “internet in Idaho” joke, allow me to say that I am well aware that Idaho has had the internet for years now.
Unfortunately for Idaho senior Kashif Watson, the internet, in particular Twitter, where he has been making some inflammatory comments criticizing his coach, Don Verlin, resulted in Watson getting indefinitely suspended by the team for “conduct detrimental to the program.” Because of the suspension, Watson was not allowed to play in what would have been his final regular season game in a Vandals jersey.
Via a report in The Spokesman Review:
Twice after recent losses Watson wrote critical Twitter posts apparently directed toward coach Don Verlin. Last weekend, the senior guard asked how the team was supposed to win with “this guy coachin us.”
A week earlier, Watson expressed similar frustration. “Wow just don’t gett this guys mind set, it’s like some times he don’t wanna win that bad!!”
Idaho did win their game last night without Watson, their second-leading scorer, beating Hawaii 78-69, so the team managed to avoid any distraction.
Yeah, probably not a real good idea to hammer on a person in a position of authority in any manner, let alone on Twitter. That’s why I only criticize my boss at work via singing telegram.
UI’s Watson suspended for tweets [The Spokesman Review]
Johnson leads Idaho past Hawaii 78-69 [The Associated Press]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found