Mar 7, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
There are few things people enjoy more than some free booze. Julius Peppers must realize that, because during a night out on the town Saturday, ponied up and purchased 25 bottles of Perrier Jouet Fleur de Champagne for the patrons at the Crescendo nightclub.
At $350 a pop, the round the very generous Peppers bought for the entire bar ran him $8,750, less tip. Peppers obviously can afford to be very generous after the new Bears defensive end signed a 6-year, $91.5 million contract on Friday.
Peppers spared no expense concerning his choice of adult beverage while celebrating at the club, either, buying he and his two friends three bottles of Ace of Spades Rose at $3,000 apiece. Three grand? It should drink itself for that price.
Peppers’ trip to the nightclub wasn’t his first stop on his celebratory tour of his new city on Friday evening. He took in a Chicago Bulls game with his new coach and his fellow free agent signees.
The former North Carolina basketball walk-on was out and about again Saturday night, this time with his new head coach Lovie Smith and fellow free agent signees Chester Taylor and Brandon Manumaleuna. The group sat sat courtside during the Bulls-Mavs game at the United Center and were given a standing ovation when they were introduced during a timeout in the first quarter.
Holy cow. Subjecting himself to the misery of actually attending a Bulls game is a far better indicator of Peppers’ newfound dedication and affinity for the city of Chicago. Buying a round of drinks is nothing compared to going through that.
Julius Peppers Buys Champagne For The Entire City of Chicago [The Big Lead]
Julius Peppers buys 25 bottles of champagne for patrons at Crescendo [Chicago Tribune]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Craig Adams lays out Spezza in OT
- Play Video: Highlights: Senators win double overtime thriller
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: Boychuk gives Bruins lead in Game 2
- Play Video: van Garderen wins Tour of California