Mar 5, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
Blog items from around the world, and around he corner. I probably stole that line from somewhere. Here’s a video clip to get us started.
U.S. Soccer: Red, White, Black And Blue. Alright U.S. Soccer, do us all a favor. Cancel the remaining friendlies leading up to the World Cup. Pull the entire roster from club play, send them to a beach resort where lovely women will massage them daily. Provide them with hyperbaric chambers to sleep in. We’re less than 100 days away from South Africa and the U.S. team resembles more of a MASH unit than soccer team. [Rumors & Rants]
More posts — including one on coleslaw wrestling — following the jump.
* Y’all Want Coleslaw With That Headlock? More than 50,000 spectators — most of them bikers — gathered in this tiny one-crossroad town Wednesday afternoon to see Coleslaw Wrestling in the sprawling field behind the tiny Sopotnick’s Cabbage Patch Bar. It took more than 2,000 pounds of cabbage — shredded quickly with a wood chipper that takes down trees — and 20 gallons of cooking oil to prepare the ring/pit/stage for the most popular off-track event at Bike Week in nearby Daytona Beach. [Fanhouse]
* Jose Canseco: MMA’s Version of the Wrestling Bear? That’s the comparison WWE Hall of Fame announcer Jim Ross made on his JRsBBQ.com blog. Of course the first thing Jose would tell us is the wrestling bear never lost a match. Unfortunately, I don’t think he would realize he’s only the bear during the promotional phase of the freak show. Once the bell rings, he becomes the poor sap getting mauled into submission. [Bugs and Cranks]
* He’ll climb seven summits and claim ten ascents. This Alabama grad is trying to climb the seven summits, but yes: it was all an excuse to get to that cheap joke. Note: he does climb mountains rather quickly, thus keeping up the reputation of ESS-EE-SEE SPEED baby. [EDSBS]
* Duke-Maryland time lapse. It was terrific, for sure. If you weren’t at the game, didn’t storm the court and didn’t see the riot police on Route 1, the Diamondback compressed the whole night into 79 seconds. This is good work here. [DC Sports Bog]
* New ‘Temco Bowl’ coming to SBox 360. Tecmo Bowl Throwback has been confirmed for North American release on next-generation console networks next spring. And yet nobody bothers to make a videogame for the CFL. [With Leather]
* Trampoline Dog. What a good idea. No need to walk the dog — just let him jump himself silly on a trampoline. [Buzzfeed]
Send blogdome items to Rickchand@gmail.com. Danke!
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found