Mar 4, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
Tiger To Bay Hill: From Questionable To Probable. Major development today in the Tiger Woods golf comeback drama: PGA Tour player Steve Stricker committed today to the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill. Stricker, who hasn’t played the tournament since 2005, is a longtime friend and teammate of Woods. One month before Woods’ Thanksgiving car accident, Stricker partnered with him at the President’s Cup — going 4-0 in the process. Stricker, who is currently the second-ranked player in the world, was college roommates with Woods agent Mark Steinberg. [SportsbyBrooks]
More items following the jump.
* The Draft Keiland Williams Campaign Starts Today. Besides, even with Best, or C.J. Spiller or even my guy Jonathan Dwyer, the Chargers are still going to need another running back to provide depth. That depth, friends, is named Keiland Williams. The guy has the size (225-lb range), speed (when healthy he’ll run the 40 in the 4.4-4.5 range), and skills to be a stud at the NFL level. But even better, he could be a total steal with a second-day pick by the Chargers. [Rumors & Rants]
* Erin Andrews on DWTS. “I had talked about with my family and friends for a good month and kind of fought against doing it and then I just finally thought to myself, you know what I need something new. I need something to make me happy, kind of change it up a bit, get excited about things again and I just thought that this would be a good way to forget about everything that had happened and maybe talk about something new with my life.” [Sports Radio Interviews]
* How the LA Clippers Made Me a Better Hindu. For me, being a Los Angeles Clippers fan for over twenty years has taught me firsthand about the spiritual dimensions of faith and suffering, and has helped me better understand my own Hindu tradition. [Huffington Post]
Send along blogdome items to Rickchand@gmail.com. All are welcome! All are welcome!
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found