Mar 2, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
And now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational Giant Inflatable Beaver! Barely more than 24 hours old, and already close to 3,000 fans on his Facebook page; GIB is easily the most popular giant inflatable animal on the Internets. Of course you know that he was made famous by Bob Costas during the closing ceremonies of the Winter Olympics, as recounted here. He’s still blistering Twitter, there are now T-shirts available, and the web site giantinflatablebeavers.com launched this morning.
But all is not birch bark and rainbows in Giant Inflatable Beaverland. Last night on his Facebook page, a fierce argument broke out over where the beaver was made. Excerpts:
Dave Ramos PLease don’t forget that those beavers were MADE IN THE USA!
Francoise Morin Yes…but it’s Canada’s national animal !!
Alexis Kryzaniwskyj Fluit Those Beavers were actually made in Canada, sorry Dave…you have faulty information.
Andrea Beck Stegman @Alexis – someone posted on the fan page pictures of the beavers being made – supposedly in Brunswick,Ohio – Inflatable Images. She claimed to work there. Do you think she was lying? That would suck.
Ellen Smith- Waldera Another Beaver scandal. To f***ing funny.
Hollie Bolster yeah well our Banks didnt collapse, its just Canada’s polite way of Giving a little economic boost to our POOR friends in the South……
Alexis Kryzaniwskyj Fluit @Andrea, yes I would say they are lying. All of the Canadian balloons including the Beavers, The Mounties, The Moose and the Hockey Players were made by Dynamic Displays in Windsor, Ontario.
Gregg Schamel You guys here should remember the “Always Enjoyable Giant Inflatable Beaver” would not like this bickering. His/her message is of tolerance & peace. Well that an controlling local water patterns.
Hopefully this can get straightened out without our two governments getting involved. And on a personal note, I preferred the Giant Inflatable William Shatner.
Martin, it’s all psychological. You yell barracuda, everybody says, “Huh? What?” You yell Tuesday, we’ve got a panic on our hands on the Fourth of July.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT …
What you missed after falling asleep on a cliff …
* Soon schoolchildren will be turning in permission slips to view O.J. Simpson’s suit.
* Hit the road, Mark: McGwire stripped of highway status.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Now the pigeons are talking. Although why he didn’t just fly over the rapids is a mystery.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: National anthems gone wrong
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Pujols losing battle with Father Time?