Feb 26, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
The National Enquirer, the source that broke this whole Tiger Woods cheating rodeo back in November — and has actually been accepted by the Pulitzer Prize Committee in two categories for its coverage of the John Edwards scandal — is at it again. Woods, says the tabloid, is no longer in Hattiesburg, MS, being treated for sex addiction at Gentle Path. He’s now checked in to The Meadows treatment center in Wickenburg, AZ, for drug addiction therapy. According to the Enquirer, Woods claimed in sex therapy that It was an addiction to two prescription pain killers that caused impaired judgment, and led to multiple affairs.
If true, this means that Tiger’s addictions are so profound that he has to be treated at multiple facilities in different states. Luckily he has the Visa No-Hassle Addict Rewards Card, and is racking up frequent flier miles.
Oh, and he’s also being treated for depression.
“In therapy, Tiger blamed a lot of his cheating behavior on his drug addiction, saying that the drugs were responsible for impairing his judgment,” a source familiar with the sports superstar’s treatment told The Enquirer.
The disgraced golfer entered The Meadows on the recommendation of therapists who treated him for sex addiction at the Gentle Path program in Hattiesburg, Miss., said the source.
“After he left Gentle Path, Tiger flew to Arizona for his initial intake interview at The Meadows, which is better equipped to handle rehab for drug addiction and depression.”
Several outlets reported that Woods flew to Arizona following his televised press gathering in Florida on Friday, but all assumed it was either for further sex addiction therapy, or for a short vacation before returning to Gentle Path in Mississippi. But The Enquirer says that Woods has only begun to address his demons.
Double security has been posted at The Meadows to make sure that Tiger doesn’t sneak out to view the Waste Management Phoenix Open. I would suggest thoroughly checking all laundry carts and questioning unfamiliar-looking doctors wearing elaborate fake mustaches.
Tiger is a drug addict [National Enquirer]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming