Feb 24, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Your dream of wearing John Daly’s underwear is closer to reality today, as Our Hero announced via Twitter that you can win a week’s worth of The Closer brand briefs in a special sweepstakes from Slix on Facebook. They’re not Daly’s underwear exactly — although I wouldn’t put it past him (less laundry to wash) — but are the brand he endorses. Details:
Normally retailing for $19.00, “The Closer is simply the greatest boxer brief ever made. Comfort, style and functionality combine to deliver unparalleled benefits that help you close the deal.”
* Breathes, wicks and dries quickly
* Eliminates chafing and need for powders/gels
* Maintains shape and moves with you
* No more adjusting, tucking or shifting
I’m a pretty good golfer; but speaking only for myself, it’s all the tucking and shifting that probably prevented me from going pro.
Meanwhile, Daly — probably in his underwear at the time — talked with the Chicago Times by phone and gaved a prediction on when he thought Tiger Woods would return to golf. Daly’s verdict: The Masters.
“I honestly think he’s not going to miss the Masters,” Daly told the Tribune in a telephone interview to promote his new reality series on the Golf Channel called, “Being John Daly.” “That place is too special to him. He won his first major there and he hugged his dad there.
“When he starts playing again, there are going to be some hecklers; I’ve dealt with them. But most fans don’t really care about his personal life. They just want to see him play the game of golf.”
I’m Gonna Win Me A Week’s Worth Of John Daly Underwear! [Sportress of Blogitude]
Daly’s prediction: Woods will play the Masters [BreakingChicagoSports]
Introducing John Daly, underwear model [Out of Bounds]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found