Feb 23, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
It’s true; I unfollowed Jason Whitlock a while back because he finally went over the line with one of his outrageous opinions. It was his extended Twitter debate over which HBO TV series was better; The Wire or The Sopranos. While I have no real opinion on that, I do bristle at the fact that he completely left Deadwood out of the equation, which was a better drama than the other two combined. Since the three were all more or less contemporaries, I feel that my show was as slighted as E.B. Farnum during a meeting at the Gem. As Mr. Wu would eloquently (and NSFW-ly) put it, “San Francisco c———-!”
But somehow I caught the tweet you see above (couldn’t have anything to do with her profile picture, nope), and so clicked on the link. Interesting take by Mr. Whitlock in the Kansas City Star on how Tiger Woods’ situation is starting to take on a Michael Jackson hue … and amusingly, he even uses that word. Excerpt:
I cannot stress to you how much it pains me to write this. You would be hard-pressed to find a more passionate fan of Michael Jackson and Tiger Woods than yours truly.
But it’s impossible to deny that fame, fortune, corporate manipulators and fathers hell bent on producing once-in-a-lifetime entertainers stripped Jackson and Woods of anything approaching normalcy when it comes to human interaction.
Perhaps pale from being away from the golf course and stuck in hibernation born of embarrassment, Woods’ complexion on Friday even resembled Jackson’s late-life hue.
Check out the column here; it’s well worth your time. I’ll bring the canned peaches.
Tuesday is never a straight line. It’s a forest, And like a forest it’s easy to lose your way … To get lost … To forget where you came in.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT …
What you missed while deciding that the Tampa strippermobile > than the ice cream truck …
* The ladies of the The View rate Tiger Woods’ apology speech. Yeah, just try and get a word in edgewise.
* Kent State sideline reporter may by the ‘Boom Goes the Dynamite’ for a new generation.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Sadly, the trip began with five people in the canoe.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL