Feb 22, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
Evidently there was a lot more pent-up aggression toward our neighbors to the north than I thought. The USA’s 5-3 hockey win over Canada on Sunday has unleashed an unexpected wave of Canada bashing; including this classic Mystery Science Theater 3000 segment that’s making the rounds today.
“Just where the hell does Canada get off sharing a border/with countries far superior to it?”
More Canada-USA give-and-take following the jump.
* RT @PhillyD: http://twitpic.com/14qws9 — If you missed the USA vs Canada game, this GIF perfectly describes it. — Alderirish
* RT @KateUpLate: Yeah, you won this one USA Hockey. Now you can go celebrate with your crappy beer. #Canada — Erin_Jefferey
* Hitler hears of Canada’s loss to the U.S. in hockey. This never gets old; poor Hitler. (NSFW captioning)
* Stephen Colbert feeds stuffed moose during interview with Bob Costas, infuriating both Canadians and PETA.
* And finally, Canada responds. That’s really hitting below the belt.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found