Your convenient Tiger Woods apology flow chart

Feb 20, 2010, 10:45 AM EDT

Do you think that Tiger Woods might owe you an apology? It’s quite possible that he does. But to avoid any confusion, here’s a handy flow chart which, if I’m not mistaken, is soon to be available as an iPhone app. Created by the folks at Brokey McPoverty. Kudos.
Meanwhile, Tiger’s mother, Kultida Woods, spoke out on her son’s press statement on Friday. Key quote: “I am upset the way media treated him like he’s a criminal,” she said. “He didn’t kill anybody, he didn’t do anything illegal. They’ve being carrying on from Thanksgiving until now, that’s not right.”

From US Magazine:

Following his public apology Friday for cheating on his wife Elin, Tiger Woods’ mother stepped out in her son’s defense, hugging him and telling him she is “proud” of him.

Later, Kultida Woods spoke to reporters, saying that just like the game of golf, her son, 34, “wants to get better … He will start getting better … it’s just like that. Golf is just like life, when you make a mistake, you learn from your mistake and move on stronger. That’s the way he is.”

Kultida said right now it’s “not easy” to be her son.

“[People] go to work 8 to 5 and go home to have a life with the family,” she said. “Tiger can’t do that.”

Meanwhile, over at the Dayton Daily News …
***
Tiger Woods’ Mom Defends Her Son: ‘He Didn’t Do Anything Illegal’ [US Magazine]

1. judeee - Feb 20, 2010 at 1:15 PM

tiger woods doesn’t owe anybody but his wife and family
    an apology.. he did nothing to me..or any of you..
    he isn’t the only athlete that got caught..this is our world
    people..money equals entitlement..get used to it..it is only
    going to get worse.
    i cannot wait to see him back on the course..he is a great
    golfer..i have not watched golf since he is not on the course..

2. Dan - Feb 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Costanza is still waiting for an apology for the neck hole comment.

3. hop - Feb 20, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Only thing that needs explaining here is this steroid doctor that liked to visit tiger’s house. This is what “NEEDS” to be answered cause i feel where there is smoke there is fire

4. Rose70 - Feb 20, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I totally agree. I heard that some biggee in the golf world said something to the effect that Tiger has offended the game of golf. That the game of golf is a gentlemens game and he tarnished it. Give me a BREAK! It is said: He who is without sin may throw the first stone……I believe probabley all the golf courses in the world would probably have fewer players if it read: He who is without sin may stay and play the game.

5. Just some guy - Feb 20, 2010 at 2:34 PM

First, Hop, nobody but YOU cares how YOU feel.
    Second, WHO CARES?

6. Steve - Feb 20, 2010 at 2:46 PM

You’re right, but I can’t want to see how he reacts to the taunting. While I’m not into judging him, my immediate reaction is that if he lies andcheats on and disrespects someone he supposidly loves – how do you think he handles the game? Perhaps cheating on Elan was a game. It also makes me wonder how did he bulk up so fast?

7. Tiger Fan - disappointed - Feb 20, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Whether or not Tiger owes the public an apology is an individual decision. I saw Tiger as he presented himself. A family man who dedicated himself with such conviction to family and golf that he was an inspiration to everyone. He was the kind of man you could point to and tell your son or daughter that is the type of person you should stive to be. Unfortunately, he no longer merits that type of admiration. Elin is a beautiful woman. Every marriage has it’s issues. If he had “made a mistake” once, that could be forgiven. But, he slept with MANY women and some of them while Elin was pregnant with their child. What kind of man does that? I will admire his ability and skill on the golf course but his image as a MAN to be looked up to has been tarnished forever. It would take years of him “walking the walk” to even begin to make me see him in a better light as a man. However, he will never be the same in my eyes. I would be surprised if Elin could stay with him after what he put her and his children through. He does owe those in the public who looked up to him and supported him as a golfer an apology for presenting himself as a man of values when indeed his actions proved otherwise.

8. Banshee - Feb 20, 2010 at 3:54 PM

THIS IS GREAT!! I cannot believe that these females that had sex with him and KNEW he was married actually expect ANYTHING!!!! Get over yourself. You deserve N O T H I N G, and the fact that you are hiring lawyers to prove something…what? Prove you are a skank? Ok, yeah we all know now.
    I hope he makes it back, because everyone deserves a second chance. And it is what you do with that opportunity that proves what kind of integrity and character you truly have.
    Good luck.

9. mikejawbone - Feb 20, 2010 at 4:22 PM

he owes his sponsors an apology He cost them the most

10. Casey - Feb 20, 2010 at 4:46 PM

You’re married to Tiger Woods and he “probably” owes you an apology? Funny how the article is written by a guy…

11. Stephanie - Feb 20, 2010 at 5:05 PM

First of all it is the public’s business when he has those “I am Tiger Woods” kids commercials running! It is our business when HE holds himself up as a role model! I couldn’t care less what John Daly (another golfer) does, but he was not putting himself up as a role model to children. It is our business when he lies to the children that changed their lives and believed in him. It is our business when they ask what’s going on. I would hate to have to explain the tiger facts of life to a 9 or 10 year old.

12. Dave - Feb 20, 2010 at 5:08 PM

I don’t follow these scandals much, but I keep seeing people commenting that “he didn’t commit a crime.” That comment over and over annoys me a little, because in some states, yes, adultry is a crime, although rarely prosecuted. If he had girlfriends in several states, it’s definately possible that he did commit a crime.
    That being said, I do believe it’s wrong, but I also believe that for the most part it’s not really anyone’s business except for the people directly involved. Seems that somehow over the last few years, tabloid news has gone mainstream.
    And I think the real victims here are his children. His wife made decisions, his children are involved through no action of their own.

13. Amorak - Feb 20, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Tiger, the man/husband, if he truely wants to become a ‘better’ person needs to consider who he spends his time with. Did that peer group encourage his behavior? When he spends time with the likes of C. Barkley and M. Jordan, who is going to tell him ‘no?’
    He gave a good speech, now he needs to walk the walk. He owes us nothing. He owes his family everything. I hope he can pull it off, but I wouldn’t want to be in his shoes.

14. JustAThought - Feb 20, 2010 at 6:10 PM

They need to add, “Did Tiger pay you for sex?” if yes then he doesn’t owe you anything.

15. Does anyone think that his fans - Feb 22, 2010 at 3:30 AM

will yell “In the hole” whenever he takes his shots? I can’t wait to see the first game he plays in to see who has the guts to yell that out. You gotta love the Nike slogan…right?