Feb 19, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Man, I almost forgot that this is Tiger Woods Press Statement Day. The confusion lies in the fact that with our family, we open our presents on Tiger Woods Press Statement Eve, and the next day we all tend to sleep in. But for most of the world, the unwrapping comes just one hour from now, when Tiger shows up before a selected group of writers and friends at PGA headquarters in Florida and delivers a prepared statement, appearing as a hologram like in Star Wars.
Amusingly, a number of betting agencies are laying action — or were — on a number of Tiger Woods Press Statement prop bets. Chief among them: Will Elin Nordegren show up? RJ Bell of Pregame.com puts that at even money, but Radar Online seems to be much more sure of the outcome.
Video following the jump.
Tiger Woods is making a last-minute all-out plea to his wife Elin, hoping she will change her mind and join him on Friday when he makes his televised statement. As RadarOnline.com reported earlier, Elin told Tiger she will not attend his televised apology.
Now we’ve learned that Tiger is making a last-ditch attempt to get her to change her mind.
“There has been non-stop strategy sessions at the house between Tiger and his people,” the source told RadarOnline.com. “And from an image standpoint everyone feels it would be much better for Elin to be there. After all, he’s apologizing for his behavior. People are going to be a lot more receptive to his apology if they see his wife has accepted his apology.”
According to Radar, Elin is balking at being used as a prop: So common among other famous infidelity mea culpas in recent times. Several sources have said that the couple are trying to work out their troubles, but are living in separate residences about a mile apart in Orlando. Radar reports that the two had dinner alone together on Thursday.
The big show begins at 11 a.m. ET, carried live by CNN Live, CBSSports.com, CBSNews.com and MSNBC, which is breaking into the Winter Olympics (sorry, biathlon). It will also be broadcast on the Golf Channel, which begins it’s “pre-game” coverage at 10:30 (this is completely true). No truth to the rumor that Tim Tebow and Focus on the Family tried to buy commercial time.
Tiger Woods Asks Wife To Change Her Mind, Attend Televised Apology [Radar Online]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona