Feb 19, 2010, 2:00 PM EST
If there’s one thing that the world needs right now, with Lost going off the air and everything, it’s a TV series based on Tiger Woods. And could John Schneider from The Dukes of Hazzard be the star, please? Actually, Back Nine, a pilot that’s been optioned by cable network Spike TV, isn’t about Woods per se. It’s protagonist is a hard-partying former U.S. Open champion named Ronnie Barnes, played by Schneider, who travels the countryside trying to qualify for the Tour. He is accompanied by his sex-addicted caddy, named Tiger. That role has not yet been cast, but Miguel Nunez, the star of the critically-acclaimed Juwanna Mann, is reportedly up for it, according to Sportress of Blogitude.
Apparently so. In this case, life apparently imitates art. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Spike TV took interest in the “Back Nine” script almost a year ago, back when Mr. Tiger Woods still had his squeaky-clean image intact. The golf-themed pilot will star John Schneider (aka Bo Duke from “The Dukes of Hazzard”) as has-been pro golfer, Ronnie Barnes, and a yet-to-be-confirmed talent as his sex-addicted caddy, Tiger.
Apparently this show has been in the works since before the Tiger Woods mistress extravaganza began in November, so kudos to the far-thinking programmers at Spike TV.
Tiger Woods … the TV series? [Zap2it]
Best Idea For A TV Pilot Featuring A Sex-Addicted Caddy Named Tiger Starring Bo Duke Ever [Sportress of Blogitude]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found