Feb 17, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
Time for Blogdome, where blog items from around the globe jostle for position and vie for your affections. Today, Padres slash beer prices, and Jim Boeheim wants 96 teams. Let’s roll.
Padres Slash Beer Prices, Expectations For 2010. At some point this season, the San Diego Padres will most likely trade Adrian Gonzalez (2009′s team leader in batting average, home runs, RBI, and OPS), and begin their residency in last place, staying there longer than most doctors take to complete their own residencies. But hey, at least you can drink $5 beer while the team sucks. On a side note, the Padres’ brass knows drunk fans boo longer and louder than sober ones, right? [Rumors & Rants]
* Jim Boeheim Wants 96 Teams Invited to the Dance. “See, yesterday Connecticut was out of the tournament, and they still may be out, but they’re a team that can win games in the Tournament. That’s why we need an expansion. We don’t have the 65 best teams in the Tournament right now. We have automatic qualifiers, so there’s teams in there that aren’t the best teams in the country. If we expand it to 96, one weekend give 32 teams off, let 32 teams play the next 32 — the last 32 — you’ll come out after one weekend with the 64 best teams in the country and play the rest of the tournament.” [Sports Radio Interviews]
* DeSean Jackson Drives a Lamborghini. DeSean Jackson is back in California doing what he do (during the offseason). One of those things appears to be driving around in a Lambo. He recorded the following videos which initially aired live on UStream and were tweeted about on his ever so popular Twitter — popular in the sense that the Daily News’ word jumble is popular. One video shows DeSean getting into a white Lamborghini and another shows him revving it up quite a bit. [The 700 Level]
* Ciao Amar’e! — Fanster.com’s musical farewell to the man they call STAT. What better way to send off the All-Star than with a song? Ok, so there’s a lot better ways to send him off than with a song, but hey, we’re a small operation on a limited “budget”, so music is the best we can do. Enjoy this tribute…and we’ll see you down the line Amar’e. [Deep Purple]
Got a blogdome item? Send it over to Rickchand@gmail.com.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy