Feb 17, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
So it’s true what they say about life imitating art, especially when it comes to Swedish chicks who take their revenge on philandering men. The first, unofficial, big screen depiction of the Tiger Woods divorce saga has already been released in Europe, even though it isn’t really about Tiger Woods at all. It’s a Swedish language film entitled The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and even though it’s based on a novel and was filmed way before Tiger’s infidelities hit the news, one would swear that Elin Nordegren used it as a how-to guide for her Thanksgiving night scuffle with her husband. The similarities are way spooky. Witness:
The film, originally titled in English “Men Who Hate Women,” will have an English-language version that opens in the U.S. in March. Today’s Wall Street Journal has details.
If Tiger Woods is looking to take in a flick to forget his troubles, he might want to skip “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.”
The coming Swedish-language film, which opens in the U.S. in March, has scene that seems to foreshadow Woods’s falling-out with his wife, Elin Nordegren. “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo” is based on a best-selling novel and was filmed in 2008 long before Woods’s marital infidelity became public.
In one scene late in “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo,” the title character, a Swedish woman named Lisbeth Salander, beats up a threatening man with a golf club and then pursues his SUV, breaking out the windows as he tries to escape her wrath. Later, the SUV crashes into some trees.
The only thing I can surmise is that this sort of storyline is encoded in the Swedish DNA. I’m currently examining my copy of Beowulf to find any mention of Rachel Uchitel.
A Scene in a New Swedish Film Foreshadows the Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren Scandal [The Wall Street Journal]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte