Feb 15, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
I debated most of the morning over whether to post this, being that strictly speaking it isn’t about sports. But how often do you get to follow a post about Tiger Woods with a post about a guy in a tiger costume being captured by zookeepers? A zoo in Tokyo is concerned about its animals escaping, so as a drill, they practiced capturing a rogue tiger … but instead of the real thing, substituted the guy you see to the right. I’m sure he was fierce and everything, but I’m not convinced that this crack tiger recovery team is genuinely prepared for an actual jungle cat. But I could be wrong.
Decide for yourself by viewing the video following the jump.
Notice the elephants in the background laughing as zookeepers set up a flimsy tiger net. This entire video is pretty comical; especially when you remember that the zoo officials are totally serious about it.
It may not be ready for tigers, but this zoo is totally prepared if a furry convention gets out of hand.
Lest we forget what the real thing looks like.
Zoo Totally Takes Down Man in Tiger Suit [Asylum]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found