Feb 11, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Wait a minute Nets, is that a threat? Because as much as I like basketball, I don’t consider this idea a real constructive use of my time. Others may disagree, which is why the team is holding a “Coach the Nets For a Day Sweepstakes.” Be advised, though, that if you win, you won’t actually be coaching the Nets … heaven forbid you should interfere with their 4-47 record (1-27 on the road). But here’s what you will win:
Have you always wanted to be a Head Coach and call the shots? Well, here’s your chance! One lucky winner and their guest will be brisked off to New Jersey to spend the day with the Nets. You’ll get to hang out at the team’s practice facility during the day, get full VIP access at the arena during that night’s game and get the chance to rub elbows with Head Coach Kiki Vandeweghe!
I’m not familiar with the term “brisked off”, but I assume it has something to do with a large sack, four Nets employees an unmarked van.
Things I’d rather do than coach the Nets for a day:
* Shampoo and groom a skunk.
* See The English Patient.
* Attacked with nail gun.
* Kiss this Saints fan.
Here’s an entry form if you’re interested, and here’s a more detailed list of what you’ll win, courtesy of The Last Angry Fan.
* attendance at a morning practice at the Nets training facility
* some team training gear
* lunch with a Nets team executive to be selected by the Nets (hello Assistant to the Travelling Secretary!)
* attendance at the Nets pre-game shoot around, at which Winner will assist coaches with pre-game drills
* pre-game dinner in completely misnamed Winners’ Club restaurant at the Izod Center
* two premium tickets to the Nets game (suitable for scalping)
* tour of the Nets locker room
* attendance at post-game press conference
UPDATE: And here’s your winner!
A Contest Only a Masochistic Nets Fan Would Want to Win [The Last Angry Fan]
Coach For The Day! [Zappos]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Orb has a great chance to win the Preakness
- Play Video: NBC Sports Live Extra tutorial
- Play Video: Best putt ever?
- Play Video: Can Orb defy odds by winning Preakness?
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Highlights: Crosby's hat-trick leads Pens in Game 2