Feb 9, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
OK, but here’s the problem: I rarely see the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, because I’m not fast enough to catch the mailman’s little delivery truck. He steals it every year like clockwork, finally delivering it a week later with several key pages missing and a big coffee cup ring over the cover model. So I have to be content with viewing it online today. Here’s a series of tweets by the cover girl, Brooklyn Decker, as she sweated out the cover unveiling (not even the models know who will grace the cover until the very last minute).
Super Bowl is over … #SISwim bowl begins now … and nobody looses here! Watch Dave Letterman tom. night 2/8 to find out our MVP! — 8:42 PM Feb 7th from web
You know u have 20 girls freaking out, unable to sleep 2night, on pins and needles, trying to figure out this darn secret!?! ARGH! — 8:45 PM Feb 7th from web
And a lot of people have been asking if we know who it is.. we really, I mean REALLY don’t know!! — 8:49 PM Feb 7th from web
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! I Wish I could respond to every single one of you but thank you so much for your AMAZINGLY sweet tweets! — about 6 hours ago from web
The issue is amazing, glowing, fun, the girls are happy.. it’s not over-the-top, the girls and editors should be so proud! THANK YOU ALL!!! — about 6 hours ago from web
http://tweetphoto.com/10833173 — about 6 hours ago from web
Now is when I bombard you w/links and pics! http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010_swimsuit/video/brooklyn-decker-diary.html — about 1 hour ago from web
Tune into the TODAY SHOW today at 7:45am!! Craziness! Really can’t believe this is all happening! Then CNBC @ 12:45pm.. will tweet pics! — about 1 hour ago from web
For a model, this is like winning the Super Bowl, I guess. Oh, and speaking of that, I guess Ms. Decker attended the game in Miami as well. One of her earlier tweets:
Best quote on South Beach tonight “Yo man, wait up for me! My knee popped out of place!!” – Drunk Girl 10:39 PM Feb 6th from Echofon
A word, my lady. We are but poor, lost circus performers. Is Tuesday nearby?
ABOUT LAST NIGHT …
What you missed while driving to first period American Literature …
* Saints announce plans to hijack Mardi Gras floats for victory parade this afternoon. See you there, mon ami.
* How not allowing your kid to watch the Super Bowl can save his life.
* Vancouver needs snow. Please give today.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
No wonder we don’t have health care reform.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found