Feb 7, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
Thank goodness someone took the time to attempt to ascertain how a person’s political affiliation affects who they will be pulling for in today’s Super Bowl.
A national poll conducted by Public Policy Polling indicates that overall, Democrats slightly favor the Saints in today’s matchup, while Republicans give the edge to the Colts.
So now we know, and as you are likely aware, knowing is half the battle.
But when you look at the numbers, what is really revealed is how apathy creeps in whenever politics rears its ugly head.
Some 32 percent of voters favor New Orleans, according to the national poll by Public Policy Polling. Some 22 percent are in Indianapolis’ corner.
But Dems favor the Saints 36 percent to 21 percent, while Republicans barely prefer the Colts, 26 to 25.
A majority of the 584 people surveyed — 46 percent — don’t care who wins.
Wow. This poll tells us essentially nothing – except that people hate being forced to participate in a poll. I cannot believe that nearly half of those surveyed claim to have no rooting interest in Super Bowl XLIV. If I were to guess, the people were probably just irritated that some jerk was wasting their time with a worthless poll. Who cares how much, if at all, a person’s political leanings go into determining who they will be pulling for in a football game?
Can’t we all just get along? Can we simply set aside our political differences and enjoy a football game?
YES WE CAN!
* The above statement was proudly furnished by the “Vote for Weed Against Speed in 2012″ coalition. For what exactly? I’m not sure yet. I haven’t quite figured that part out yet but I’ll let you know when I do.
Dems, Republicans divided over Super Bowl [New York Post]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Craig Adams lays out Spezza in OT
- Play Video: Highlights: Senators win double overtime thriller
- Play Video: Boychuk gives Bruins lead in Game 2
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: van Garderen wins Tour of California