Feb 5, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
Not a good idea for New Jersey pseudo-celebrities to intrude on proud Philadelphia traditions. So when Snooki from The Jersey Shore showed up to help officiate the 18th annual Wing Bowl at the Wachovia Center on Thursday, she got the traditional Philadelphia greeting (use your absolutely filthy imagination here). And being the classy lady that she is, the reality diva responded the only way she knew how; by flipping off the crowd on live TV. Ah, this is why the terrorists hate us. The Wing Bowl never fails to disappoint.
The glorious video follows the jump
Snooki hit up a chicken wing eating contest in Philadelphia this morning — but when the haters started booing the “Jersey Shore” star, she promptly told the whole city to cluck off with the flick of her little finger.
Ironically, the winner of the Wing Bowl was also from Jersey. Returning champ John “Super Squibb” Squibb of Berlin, N.J., consumed 238 wings in just over three rounds. From CBS News:
PJ Whelihan’s in Haddonfield, Penn., cooked up 9,000 wings for the 29 contestants participating in the 18th annual Wing Bowl competition traditionally held the Friday before the Super Bowl.
Of course, the competition would not have been complete without the help of the scantily clad, sometimes naked, “Wingettes.” This year, Snookie from the popular MTV show “Jersey Shore,” was among the girls whose job was to keep the competitors eating while cheering them on and entertaining the crowd.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte