Back That Ass Up; behold the Kim Kardashian NASCAR entry

Feb 4, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT

Oh, Lordy. I haven’t decided whether this will set NASCAR back 40 years, or end the sport altogether. It’s the long-awaited debut of the Kim Kardashian ride that Mike Bliss will be driving during the Las Vegas Sprint Cup race on Feb. 28. Although I fear that only Sacha Baron Cohen as Jean Girard could get away with driving this thing. Not seen: Bumper sticker that reads I brake for Starbucks. It should be entertaining, though, to watch dozens of drivers vie tooth and nail for the right to run it off the track. The glorious details at Kim K.’s web site:

I have to tell you about this amazing sweepstakes Sephora and I are doing! One grand-prize winner and a guest will be flown out to Las Vegas to meet me at my fragrance event at Sephora at the Venetian and attend my launch after-party at Tao!! Tao is one of my favorite clubs in Vegas… you guys will LOVE IT!

And… the part I’m most excited for… you will come to the Shelby American NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event to help me cheer on my car! I can’t believe I actually have my own NASCAR racing car! No one has seen this yet, so this is your exclusive first look at my car! What do you think?

Um, I’ll defer to you NASCAR fans.
The car is the result of the partnership between Tommy Baldwin Racing, Kardashian and Lighthouse Beauty Marketing, the latter which developed Kardashian’s personal fragrance that will debut on Valentine’s Day. The car’s paint scheme was created in concert with that, and Kardashain will make a personal appearance at the race to, um, hand out samples? That’ll be fun.
Hey, NASCAR attendance is down, and it’s all about marketing. But I don’t see this car making it three laps before being crushed like an empty Mountain Dew can.
***
Kim Kardashian’s #36 NASCAR Car Will Run In Las Vegas [The Angry T]
Sephora Vegas Sweepstakes and… My NASCAR Racing Car! [Kimkardashian.celebuzz.com]

1. GerryP - Feb 4, 2010 at 2:15 PM

And the PERFECT Driver is….Danica!!!

2. GerryP - Feb 4, 2010 at 2:15 PM

And the PERFECT Driver is….Danica!!!

3. David Wyatt - Feb 4, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Be carefull Nascar drivers. Don’t let Gloria Allred see you hit this car. She’s out for blood for sports icons.If she goes after golfballs with Tigers mistresses faces on them, just think what she would do if you spinout Kim’s car. God save us all, what next..”Depends” sponsors for drivers over 45 yrs.

4. BC - Feb 4, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Two comments for the price of one:
    1. Too bad Bliss will probably wreck the thing or blow the engine within 10 laps and we won’t get to see it for more than 5 minutes.
    2. They put her face on the hood, so why not put her a– on the back of the car. Or maybe it wouldn’t fit.

5. Tony Metler - Feb 4, 2010 at 3:18 PM

>>They put her face on the hood, so why not put her a– on the back of the car.

6. duke hester - Feb 4, 2010 at 3:18 PM

so totally absurd! kardashian’s (any of them) seem to have no limits as to just what they will do for $$ or publicity!!

7. girlie up NASCAR - Feb 4, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Gentlemen….and Danica..and Kim….please start your engines?
    Okay, this going to far I am not sure I want to attend these races anymore, and I am season ticket holder and FEMALE…

8. phyllis - Feb 5, 2010 at 8:04 AM

wow…you are all nuts! my husband and i are both long time Nascar fans and we both love Kim! My husband thinks she’s hot and we cant wait to tune in. Anyone that hot has my blessing to make as much $$ as they can off their looks.

9. Teri Lynn - Feb 5, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Gives an entirely new meaning to “junk in the trunk,” doesn’t it?

10. BC - Feb 5, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Sorry, I’m holding out for the Drew Barrymore car.

11. Rich321 - Feb 6, 2010 at 11:26 PM

I think Danica is as cute as button. All power to her. I saw pictures of her a child racing and she was darling. Go Danica

12. Jodie Noftsier - Feb 18, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Been with Natwest 16 months, from the outset I was refused free business banking due to a technical glitch on my credit report. I should add this was not my fault and I had letters backing this. Last month we faced some difficulties when a customer did not pay an invoice, I informed Natwest immediately that a few DD payments would likely fail. They agreed to refund me charges should this happen. To my horror they found it reasonable to charge me ?485 in failed payments!

13. Dorian Cainne - Feb 18, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Moved to NatWest when undertaking a huge expansion of our small company 6 years ago (from Barclays as they were not helpful with our plans). I don’t know why I’ve stuck with them for 6 years, the personal business manager is useless, their customer relations are non existant, their attention to our needs is zero, no calls back, no help whatsover. Don’t waste your time with NatWest. They are hopeless and I’m now going to look elsewhere.

14. su - Feb 28, 2010 at 2:44 PM

totally agree, why not just plaster yourself all over, what’s another time around.

15. M Styborski - Feb 28, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Color scheme- Seen pink on a car before and for better reasons.
    Hood design- Well, assuming you consider that a design… I’ve seen twelve year olds design better hoods for NASCAR video games. Would be awesome to get paid the kind of money that “designer” got for doing such a crappy job.

16. M Styborski - Feb 28, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Yeah, we all know that NASCAR doesn’t pander for publicity or $$.

17. matt21sz - Feb 28, 2010 at 3:11 PM

I’m not a huge fan of the Kardashians, but why is it ok for Home Depot, DuPont, Pepsi, Lowes, Office Depot, etc. and not for Kim Kardashian?

18. stanley - Feb 28, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Hey Chandler,
    Jealous sexist redneck NASCAR hillbilly who can’t participate in anything but a pickup game at some middle school. Yeah, real authority.

19. angie - Feb 28, 2010 at 5:44 PM

I love the car with Kim Kardashian on it, she looks HOT!!! on it! I’m surprised that there hasn’t been any recks yet from the guys looking at the car and not the track!!!!!