Feb 4, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
One would think that a woman who has starred in the films Big Breasted Nurses and My First Sex Teacher #12 wouldn’t be shocked by much, but you’d be wrong. Tiger Woods mistress Veronica Siwik-Daniels, better known as former porn star Joslyn James, held a news conference on Wednesday to say that she was outraged that her face is included on a set of novelty Tiger Woods golf balls produced by a Canadian company. That’s Ms. Siwik-Daniels in the photo there along with wolverine-tempered attorney Gloria Allred, who has made representing alleged Tiger Woods mistresses a sort of cottage industry of late.
Allred argues that “putting the face of a woman on a ball which golfers hit with full force could result in marks on the image that might resemble bruises and may lead to inappropriate jokes about hitting women.” Video following the jump.
At issue is the Tail of the Tiger golf ball collection, produced by a Vancouver-area company, which includes the faces of different alleged Tiger mistresses on a set of 12 golf balls. In the process of objecting to that, Siwik-Daniels made public a series of text messages that were allegedly sent to her by Woods. From KTLA in Los Angeles:
Siwik-Daniels said she was in love with Woods and that their relationship lasted one year. She shared a text message Woods allegedly sent to her last October that stated, “Baby, I’m not going anywhere or doing anything. You please me like no other has or ever will. I am not losing that …”
I’m not sure what the text messages have to do with the golf balls, but it made total sense to Siwik-Daniels to discuss them both during her news conference. She doesn’t appear to be upset that someone is making money off of her likeness, but rather that people will be hitting her face with golf clubs. Seriously.
“As a victim of violence myself, it bothered me to think that someone would be standing with a dangerous club hitting a ball with my photo on it,” she said.
Allred said they have sent a letter to the company demanding that the firm halt production.
“We have pointed out that encouraging golfers to use clubs to hit a woman’s face that is portrayed on a golf ball is a dangerous and reprehensible act because it encourages violence against women,” Allred said, adding that her client has not authorized anyone to use her name or face on any product mentioning Woods.
According to KTLA, the Vancouver company that produces Tail of the Tiger golf balls has already received $40,000 worth of orders, including $15,000 alone from one source in Japan. Naturally.
You’re ‘like no other,’ Tiger Woods allegedly tells porn star Joslyn James in sexy text messages [New York Daily News]
Tiger’s Mistress Tee’d off Over Novelty Golf Balls [KTLA]
Company produces golf balls with faces of Tiger mistresses. Fore! [Out of Bounds]
Tiger Woods timeline [NBCSports]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: I'll Have Another wins the Preakness
- Play Video: Gary Stevens wins third Preakness
- Play Video: Shackleford holds off Animal Kingdom
- Play Video: Konig takes Stage 7, van Garderen retains overall lead
- Play Video: Carpenter wins Indy 500 pole