Feb 3, 2010, 7:45 PM EDT
Here’s a tweet you never like to see: “Someone blew up my car today. Thanks again for ALL the messages and kind words. But, yea, I’m doin’ OK and in the market for a new car. LOL. Gotta try to find some humor.” Someone got all bomby with Glasgow Rangers and U.S. national team player DaMarcus Beasley’s $80,000 6 Series BMW outside his home in Glasgow on Monday night. No one was injured, but Scotland Yard is on the lookout for a hooded man who smells of gasoline.
Actually I have no idea if Scotland Yard is involved, but I’ve always wanted to write that sentence.
From the Glasgow Daily Record:
A neighbour of the American winger saw a hooded figure plant a crude petrol bomb under the blue 6 Series.
The witness said: “The guy put something under the car then walked backwards crouching down, making a line of petrol for about five metres. He lit it with what looked like a lighter and the car went up.”
The attacker ran off. And seconds later, a car sped past the scene of the fire, slowed briefly, then roared away.
Beasley, 27, heard the car’s screeching tyres and ran to his window to see his BMW on fire.
Police are treating the attack as “wilful”. An insider said: “There is no evidence so far to suggest it was sectarian but it was the only car on the street to be targeted.
Rangers star DaMarcus Beasley has £50k car firebombed by thugs outside his home [Glasgow Daily Record]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner