Feb 2, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
We’re on Day Nine of The 14 Days of Super Bowl Recipes over at Black and Gold Tchotchkes, and this is the best one yet. Chicharrones de Pollo will not only save my Super Bowl party, but if I can eat enough of them, will make even Jim Nantz and Phil Simms sound good. That’s because our Iron Chef main ingredient is: Rum. Well, it’s chicken really, but as I always say, rum makes the meal. Almost as delicious as the recipes are the blog’s descriptions. Today’s:
It’s like someone took your Chik-Fil-A nuggets and got them drunk on rum and awesomeness. Served with a real daiquiri and not a drink that came out of a Slurpee machine.
The other Super Bowl recipes on the site are no less inspired — there aren’t many things I wouldn’t do for these salted honey roast pecans — and you would do well to try a couple at your SB XLIV shindig/rave/prison rec room get-together. The recipes are the brainchildren of The Starter Wife, also known in certain literary circles as Sarah Sprague, writer of words at various locations around the Internets. Check out these recipes. Such culinary delights have not been seen since the old Black Table feature How to Do Idiotic Things, and I mean that in a good way.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT …
What you missed during the attack of the 120-foot inflatable condom …
* This may be the only thing that can save us from the giant inflatable condom.
* The guy who canceled his season tickets because the Yankees signed Randy Winn speaks out. Also canceled HBO because of no more “Life With Louie.”
* Homeland Security gears up for the Super Bowl. All fans must wear underwear on outside of pants, so they can check for explosives.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'