Feb 1, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
I now present the greatest paragraph you will read today; or possibly this week, or the rest of your life. It’s courtesy of the Lehigh Valley Ironpigs Minor league Baseball team, via the Morning Call of Allentown, Pa. If Conan O’Brien still had a show, this guy would so be booked on it right now. Here ya go:
For his saving the life of “Pig Pig” though mouth-to-snout resuscitation, Jeff Olson will receive an IronPigs care package — consisting of an IronPigs sweatshirt, a bottle of Listerine and tube of ChapStick — along with an offer for free IronPigs tickets for him and his wife any time they are in the Lehigh Valley.
Olson, of La Center, Washington, recently saved the life of a piglet through cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Video here.
According to KPTV in Portland, Ore., the mother pig accidentally sat on Pig Pig.
“She squished her flat,” Heidi Olson told KPTV. “She was flat as a pancake, no heartbeat, and cold.”
But Jeff Olson reacted quickly.
“He did the first thing that came to mind, which is mouth to snout,” Heidi Olson said.
After about five minutes of mouth-to-snout CPR, Pig Pig began to breath on her own.
But the story doesn’t end there. The mother pig was sick, and eventually died, so Olson placed Pig Pig with a litter of puppies to see whether their mother would nurse it. It worked.
Weeks later, Pig Pig is thriving and appears set to live a long and happy life. “The only problem is the pig now thinks she is a dog,” Heidi Olson said.
One of the best parts of this story is a comment from a Morning Call reader, who wrote: I applaud you sir for saving the pig. This is what America is all about..
Indeed it is.
Ironpigs to honor man who saved pig [The Morning Call]
Ironpigs to honor man who saved pig [Lehigh Valley IronPigs]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner