Jan 30, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
This story is a couple of days old, but some video of a news broadcast on FOX29 (no idea which FOX29 it is, since there are six of them) has surfaced. My original plan was to include this video in today’s Video Vault, but it is my judgment that this item warrants a post of its own.
There is a pretty good chance that by now you have heard about the confused Saints fan who, in a post on Craigslist (can be seen at SPORTSbyBROOKS) has offered his left testicle in exchange for a Super Bowl ticket. The ad states that said offering is “high capacity,” “well traveled,” “well maintained” and “larger than average” (zing!). All sales are final, of course.
What follows is the video of a news team pushing the boundaries of what constitutes a tasteful broadcast while cracking wise about the unique story.
After all, this is FOX we’re talking about, right?
“This is definitely, how you say, nutty”? “Here’s the rub”? What the fungus?
The best part is when the anchor says, “Here’s the rub” and the other guy goes “Rub?”
Regional news gold, my friends. Gold. And no matter what you think about the newscast, the fact that a guy actually posted this ad indicates he has far greater intesticular fortitude than I. I meant intestinal fortitude. Sorry, the ad plainly states “no perverts.” Apologies.
Testicle Offered For Super Bowl Tix (No Perverts!) [SPORTSbyBROOKS]
New Orleans Saints Fan Offers Testicle for Super Bowl Tickets (But Only the Left One) [The700Level]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires