Jan 29, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
All I want to know is, who is the enterprising filmmaker who pitched this movie idea and ended up getting it made? We need him in Congress right now to settle this health care bill logjam. As I understand it, Frozen is the story of three snowboarders who are stuck on a chair lift overnight. It’s cold. All they have to eat are breath mints. Did I mention it’s cold? That’s the movie. Incredibly, Mel Gibson passed on this to make The Edge of Darkness.
Here is a production photo from the film, which for some reason really, really makes me laugh.
“Hey, we’re up here! Anybody? It’s kind of cold and we’re hungry!” From the director of The Hurt Locker …
This is evidently a real movie, incredibly rated R, and opening Feb. 5 from Anchor Bay Films. From a synopsis on Fandango.com:
A typical day on the slopes turns into a chilling nightmare for three snowboarders when they get stranded on the chairlift before their last run. As the ski patrol switches off the night lights, they realize with growing panic that they’ve been left behind dangling high off the ground with no way down. With the resort closed until the following weekend and frostbite and hypothermia already setting in, the trio is forced to take desperate measures to escape off the mountain before they freeze to death. Once they make their move, they discover with horror that they have much more to fear than just the frigid cold. As they combat unexpected obstacles, they start to question if their will to survive is strong enough to overcome the worst ways to die
Starring Kevin Zegers (he was the kid in the Air Bud movies), Shawn Ashmore, Emma Bell (Gracie) and directed by Adam Green. It’s listed under the horror genre, so perhaps there will be werewolves? That might help. Maybe I’ll be more impressed after watching this trailer:
I plan to be deathly ill for the entirety of it’s three-day run. But hey, I might be wrong … it might be tremendous; better than The Dark Knight.
Other ideas by the same guy before he decided on Frozen:
* Three friends in McDonald’s drive-thru line get tired of waiting and want to leave, but are blocked in.
* Guy can’t figure out how to program his TiVo.
* Woman really wants a cranberry muffin, but Starbucks is out of cranberry muffins .
* Man changes a light bulb (starring Brad Pitt).
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found