Jan 29, 2010, 10:45 AM EDT
Of all of mankind’s great engineering marvels — the great pyramids, the Eiffel Tower, Mark McGwire — none compare to the wonder and glory of the snack food stadium. Invented three or four years ago as a homage to the Super Bowl party, edible sports venues have become larger and grander each season. Setting the bar quite a bit higher in 2010 comes this, the giant Junk Food Stadium. Created by the folks at Break.com, this creation weighs in at a fantastic 110,428 calories. Rex Ryan approves.
Hope you didn’t get stuck with end zone-popcorn seating.
Following the jump, behold the power of a fully operational Snack Stadium!
Wait, those Graham Cracker outer walls look structurally unsound. Run for your lives!
From the LA Weekly’s Squid Ink blog:
Yesterday at Busby’s East, the creative team of Break built a pool table sized arena that dwarfed last year’s Twinkie, Slim Jim and guacamole stadium. Deftly wielding frosting, Cracker Jacks, doughnuts (and holes), deli meat, sweaty cheese, and some broccoli — to make mom happy — the stadium was an ode to beer bellies and lap bands across America.
Here’s the itemized calorie countdown (28,000 calories in the parking lot alone).
The 110,428 Calorie Stadium [Deuce of Davenport]
Twinkie Cars, Sausage Men, and Hoagie Blimps: Kitchen (Football Snack) Stadium [LA Weekly]
The greatest snack food stadium ever built [Holy Taco]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- Play Video: Highlights: Burkman shocks Fitch
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?