Jan 29, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
Three Chicago Blackhawks photographed shirtless and partying in the back of a limousine with some Vancouver ladies? Gracious! I do believe I have the vapors. Not sure this is something to get worked up about, but some are; including the Blackhawks, it seems. From ESPN:
Patrick Kane, John Madden and Kris Versteeg were in the photos that were taken in Vancouver over the weekend and have been circulating the Web.
“It’s not the way we want to represent the team, but it’s been discussed internally [with the team],” Kane said after Thursday’s morning practice before the Hawks faced the San Jose Sharks. “It’s been figured out inside this locker room.
Here are the photos, along with a colorful description of the incident from Rock Mamola, a Chicago radio personality:
A couple of young, white, up and coming superstars of their sport decide to get semi-naked (who knows how far it went) in a limo boozing it up with the cougars of the great Northwest.
Not that there’s anything wrong with that, in my opinion. Except for one thing: The Blackhawks lost to the Canucks that night, 5-1. It looks bad. And when are athletes going to learn that in situations like that, the digital camera is not your friend? Your shenanigans are going to end up on the Internets, it’s pretty much a given. Why do we have to continue to point this out?
Mmm. There’s nothing like the smell off fresh-baked Friday.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT …
What you missed while trying to commit suicide, only to have your life saved by a heroic blow-up doll …
* Tennis: Federer administers a good-ole’ country asswhuppin at Australian Open.
* MLB: Look, if every fan who doesn’t like Randy Winn canceled their season tickets, most stadiums would be empty.
* Soccer: MLS and players avoid lockout, so you and your blow-up doll can cancel those suicide plans.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
… and the cycle ends with Charles Barkley ordering a drive-thru Gordita. It’s the Circle of Life.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found