Jan 27, 2010, 12:00 PM EST
There’s been much speculation on what Tiger Woods’ eventual return to golf might look like, and last week the always-diplomatic Australians gave us a sneak peek. Pictured here is a little Tiger humor at the Australian Open, which is, yes, a tennis tournament. So you can imagine what things might look like at an actual PGA event. That large poster of Tiger as a pimp actually looks like it took some time to put together. Rude, but kudos. As Woods’ approval ratings continue to plummet, I have a feeling we’re going to see more of this type of thing at major sporting events, especially abroad.
And be sure to take a look of the woman in the red, who appears to be pointing at the sign, as if she is also making a confession. Tiger was with George Costanza’s mom? I’m going to have to seriously question his taste.
From the New York Post:
The images were taken during a men’s doubles first-round match on Court 6 at Melbourne Park in which Martin Damm and Filip Polasek defeated the Australian duo of Marinko Matosevic and Bernard Tomic.
And you can be sure that if there’s one thing that tennis players love, it’s being distracted by a huge sign depicting Tiger Woods as a pimp while they’re trying to serve.
The Oregonian speculates that the burst of Tiger mockery was a way for tennis fans to protest the choice of Woods as AP’s Athlete of the Decade, rather than Roger Federer. Actually I doubt the Aussies put that much thought into it.
Oh man, guy with the beard … that’s just not right.
Tiger butt of jokes at Australian Open [New York Post]
Tiger Woods, supposedly in sex rehab, spotted at Australian Open [The Oregonian]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found