Jan 27, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Because it’s still early and you’ve just lived through the trauma of the previous post, I’ll spare you the sight of Alabama nose tackle Terrence Cody in his underwear at Monday’s Senior Bowl weigh-in. You’ll thank me later. I’ll just link to it here, and you’ll then be responsible for any damage to your eyes. It’s not often that the first weigh-in at Senior Bowl practice is a big topic of discussion, but then not too many projected first-round draft picks make the scales moan at 370 pounds. If you clicked on the link above, that number may seem low to you.
Cody says he wants to lose about 25 pounds, but at 370 hasn’t had problems moving himself around over the first two days of Senior Bowl practice so far.
Along with a massive hand measurement of 11¼ inches, the largest on either the North or South roster by a full inch, Cody’s 370 pounds was the most talked-about number of the weigh-in among the legions of National Football League scouts and coaches drawn to the event.
(Alabama coach Nick) Saban said he nearly pegged the number with a simple glance.
‘I missed it by two pounds. Everybody here was asking me how much Cody weighs and I said, ‘Well, wait until he turns around, and when I can see him from the front, I can give you a pretty good guesstimate,” Saban said. ‘I said 368, so I missed it by two pounds.’
At 370, Cody was about 15 pounds more than his listed playing weight during the 2009 season.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found