Jan 26, 2010, 5:00 PM EST
The blogosphere has given us many things, but one of my favorites is the word “stabby.” As far as I know this was invented on some small sports site, and it surely became popular out there in the ether. Anyway, I took a vote of everyone everywhere, and we’re not tired of it yet. So off to another glorious example of its useage. plus, more exciting stuff following the jump.
Man Gets All Stabby After Wife Cancels ESPN. As much fun as I poke at ESPN, I always contended that I could not survive without it. Especially this time of year, when I finally decide to catch up on College Basketball. Well apparently a lot of men feel the same way that I do, including one guy that almost murdered his wife because she canceled the channel without telling him. [Awful Announcing]
* Greg Oden Talks About Nude Photos: ‘I saw them and my heart just dropped.’ “I’ve had better days … I got woken up at 6 am by a phone call to check it out … I saw them and my heart just dropped,” Oden said. “It was a rough morning for me.” [The Big Lead]
* Someone Needs To Give Garrett Hartley A Show On CBS. The New Orleans Saints beat the Minnesota Vikings Sunday on an overtime field goal by Saints kicker Garrett Hartley booting a field goal, but the crazy news is that he knew he was going to do it all along. [Second-String Fullback]
* Tebow freaks out the Draftniks. There is a force out there in sports — call it the “draftnik-industrial complex” — that has tried to entrench itself as the experts in the NFL Draft: Analysis, grades, etc. And Tim Tebow must drive them crazy. He is the most prominent draft prospect in the recent history of the NFL Draft. Therefore, they HAVE to have an opinion about him. [Dan Shanoff]
* Sellout Crowd On Saturday — Elmira Beats Toledo 8-2. On Saturday, the Walleye sported tuxedo jerseys during the game. Following the contest, the game worn special event uniforms were auctioned for the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts of Northwest Ohio. [Toledo Walleye.com]
Contact blogdome at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found