Jan 26, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Kind of lost in all the Tiger Woods madness is how all of this is impacting — or will be impacting — his children. Word is that his daughter, Sam Alexis, 2 1/2, can already spell out the words “Radar Online” with blocks, and has retained an attorney to negotiate frequency of juice pouches. But here’s something I didn’t make up: An Orange County Sheriff’s Deputy has been assigned to the preschool that Sam attends in Orlando. The reason, reports TMZ, is because there have been several “traffic incidents” at the school, presumably caused by swarming paparazzi looking for an Elin Nordegren photo or two.
Of course it’s very unsavory to combine the words “preschool” and “paparazzi” in the same sentence, and it was a major oversight by our Founding Fathers to not make it illegal to come within 500 yards of a school with a 50mm lens. But here you have the details:
A source inside the Premier Academy — the Florida preschool/kindergarten Tiger’s daughter Sam attends — tells TMZ they decided to hire an Orange County sheriff’s officer after a number of “traffic incidents” occurred at the school following the news of Tiger’s cheating scandal.
We’re told the off-duty cop — who costs $35 an hour — was brought on by school officials to not only watch out for Sam … but to also keep the school’s children and families safe from the media circus surrounding Tiger’s life.
So far, no Tiger Woods look-alikes have been spotted wandering around school property.
Yes, but what about Sam Alexis lookalikes? That would be a stroke of genius. Anyway, it all ultimately begs the question: What is Tiger’s daughter doing in preschool? She’s not even three. Guess I’m behind the times.
Kindergarten Cop Watches Over Tiger Woods’ Kid [TMZ]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona