Jan 26, 2010, 10:45 AM EST
The new phone book’s here! The new phone book’s here! Let’s see who they put on the cover this ye … yipes. Awk-ward. The new Lubbock, Texas, phone book arrived on porches this morning, and imagine everyone’s surprise when a photo of former Texas Tech football coach Mike Leach looked up from the cover. Even that smallest Cub Scout there somehow sensed this photo shoot would soon be chock full of irony.
From the Dallas Morning News:
Mike Leach is getting in one last jab to each and every resident of Lubbock with a cover cameo on the latest edition of the AT&T Yellow Pages that will be hitting the doorsteps of Lubbock residents today. Don’t be surprised to see plenty of attorney listings in this edition, but a lacking of shed retailers.
And from SportsbyBrooks:
Only thing worse for Texas Tech administration would be to see Leach’s attorney’s kisser on the back cover. Oh God no …
Per the link directly above, I’m wondering why Smith & Liggett Attorneys at Law think it might be OK for you to hire a gorilla to handle your personal injury lawsuit. I suppose that when it comes to the law, they are the most competent of all the great apes. But that’s not saying much.
“Your honor, Mr. Coco would like to request a 15-minute recess to pet the kitten.”
Mike Leach’s phonebook cameo leaves lasting impression in Lubbock [Dallas Morning News]
Mike Leach: New 2010 Lubbock Phonebook Cover [SportsbyBrooks]
Did Mike Leach get Swiftboated at Texas Tech? [Out of Bounds]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found