Jan 26, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
We now take you to sunny Italy, where kids take their video games pretty seriously. In fact, one father in Rome tried to give his son some advice concerning his tactics on his Sony PlayStation soccer game, and the boy reacted as you thought he might: He went into the kitchen, retrieved a carving knife, and stabbed his father in the neck. The Reuters headline reads Italian teen stabs father in PlayStation row, but the headline in the Rome newspaper Corriere Della Serra, translated from the original Italian, is much better: They fight for the PlayStation, stabbed his father to throat. Subhead: “That’s enough, I play alone.”
The man, identified as Fabrizio R., suffered a deep cut to the throat after his 16-year-old son, Mario, attacked him during an argument on Sunday over the soccer video game FIFA 2009.
Police said the argument broke out when the 46-year-old storekeeper offered his son advice on tactics to improve his play, and then turned the television off in response to his son’s behavior.
Fetching a knife from the kitchen, Mario stabbed his father in the neck before returning to clean the weapon at the kitchen sink in front of his mother and leaving it to dry on the draining-board. Forty-six year-old housewife Monica B,. told Italian daily Il Corriere della Sera that she had no idea what had happened until her husband stumbled into the room, clutching his throat.
When police came to arrest him, the boy went peacefully.
Italian teen stabs father in PlayStation row [Reuters]
X = Pass O = Kill [Unprofessional Foul]
They fight for the PlayStation stabbed his father to throat [Corriere Della Sera]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found