Jan 26, 2010, 7:00 PM EST
Earlier today we recounted the sad tale of Jets fan Patrick Mallon, who was tasered (allegedly) and hauled to jail (most certainly) by police outside of Lucas Oil Stadium prior to the AFC Championship Game on Sunday. We only had a still photo to show you then, but now a series of videos has surfaced, so let’s take a look and deconstruct this shameful/glorious (pick one) event.
First one above, then three more following the jump.
No. 2 in the sequence:
Before all of that happened:
Conclusions: There isn’t actually enough evidence here to lay the blame on either side, is there? We’re not sure what Mallon did or said to cause the cop to leap from his car. He sure looked angry, though. A little overreaction on your part perhaps, officer? I’d imagine they don’t have a lot of crowd control issues in a city where everyone’s in bed by 8:45.
Also, it sure doesn’t look like anyone was tasered, although some witnesses say that was the case. Hat tip to Gothamist for the videos. Mallon doesn’t plan to sue, according to Pro Football Talk.
Video: Jets Fan Arrested, Tasered (Discreetly?) [Gothamist]
Tasered Jets fan won’t sue [Pro Football Talk]
Another Jets fan tasered, arrested; it’s open season, folks [Out of Bounds]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found