Jan 25, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
If you’re like me, you long for the early days of the Tiger Woods scandal; when he only had one known alleged mistress, and the dents in his Escalade were still fresh. According to Gerald Posner of the Daily Beast, there’s new information on what happened that fateful Thanksgiving night, now so long ago. Elin Nordegren commandeered Tiger Woods’ cell phone while he was asleep, and texted his alleged mistress, Rachel Uchitel, pretending to be him, Posner wrote, citing “two sources.” When Uchitel texted back, that’s when the fireworks began; Elin punching Woods and then chasing him from their Windermere home with a sand wedge. Woods, goofy on sleeping pills, then ran his SUV into a few stationary objects, including his good-guy mystique.
According to The Daily Beast, Woods had taken sleeping pills after telling Elin that there was no truth to the rumors of him and Uchitel having an affair. So after he fell asleep, she went looking through his phone.
While asleep, Elin looked through Woods’ cellphone and found Uchitel’s number, discovering a damning text message that read: “You are the only one I’ve loved.”
That’s when Elin went berserk. At about 1 a.m., Elin began frantically texting Uchitel — pretending to be Woods — and wrote, “I miss you,” and asked, “When are we seeing each other again?”
Uchitel texted back. The Daily Beast reported that Elin called Uchitel, who answered thinking it was Woods.
“Oh f—-!” a stunned Uchitel blurted out before hanging up, the Web site reported.
Elin then woke a disoriented Woods up. The Daily Beast reported that Elin began punching him in the chest and arms, then finally chased him out of the house wielding a golf club.
Shoeless, Woods ran into his car and hit the gas, careening off a fire hydrant and then smashing into a nearby tree.
Meanwhile, Mel Gibson says that he feels Tiger’s pain.
“Sometimes the most difficult part is being able to forgive yourself, which is hard when everyone else is beating on you,” Gibson said of Woods on Good Morning America. “I just want to see him play golf.”
New details on night of Tiger Woods crash [New York Post]
Tiger’s Thanksgiving mystery — solved [The Daily Beast]
Mel Gibson on Tiger: I fell bad for the guy [TMZ]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL