Jan 21, 2010, 10:45 AM EDT
Because no matter how old we get, guys are all emotionally 12 years old, I present you with this delightful video following the jump (sorry, ladies). It promotes a British outdoors recreation retreat gloriously named Sandy Balls. Due to variations in the cultural lexicon between our two great nations, the resort’s name is probably not very hilarious in Britain; but here, it’s comedy gold. I suppose the British feel the same way about the movie Free Willy, where “willy” means something completely different than it does here.
Not sure if their gift shop accepts mail orders, but I desperately want one of their T-shirts.
Video following the jump. Try and make it the entire way without laughing. I dare you.
From the resort’s web site:
Our unusual name can be traced as far back as the reign of Henry VII. It appeared on maps and other documents of the time as ‘Sandyballas’, which is the description given to the dome-shaped sand and gravel outcrops on our western boundary.
Those outcrops were formed millennia ago during the Eocene era. Many of them remain including Good Friday Hill and Giant’s Grave, and it’s for them that Sandy Balls Holiday Centre is named.
By the way, here are the titles of three books that are available in their gift shop (totally true):
* A Handbook for Sandy Balls
* 70 Years A-Growing
* Sandy Balls for All Seasons
OK, I’m done. So childish. (snicker).
Sandy Balls Holiday Village [Official Site]
Sandy Balls TV advert [Tengaged]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles