Jan 21, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Our story so far: Although no formal announcement has been made, the smart money has Conan O’Brien landing at Fox in September, the soonest he can get back on the air per his separation agreement with NBC. One reason we know this is that someone at Fox evidently jumped the gun last week, registering the domain name Conanonfox.com, and putting up a test Twitter page. The page was taken down once TMZ reported that it existed … but then an odd thing happened. Early this week the page was back up, and it included a debut Twitter message (seen above).
What tomfoolery is this? According to TMZ, the resurrected Conan Twitter page is the handiwork of a writer for the Red Sox blog Sons of Sam Horn. Triumph, I’m assuming, refers to Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, Robert Smigel’s cigar-chomping puppet creation and recurring Conan character. From TMZ: The “SoSH” can be traced back to a Boston Red Sox fan forum called “Sons of Sam Horn.” TMZ contacted one of the site’s moderators who told us one of their faithful members, “on his own … recreated the Conan on FOX Twitter site and referenced SoSH.”
As if Conan doesn’t have enough problems.
Ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm Out of Bounds welcome to Thursday. No flash photography, please.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT …
What you missed while realizing there isn’t very much news in Australia …
* Elin won’t take Tiger’s calls. Also, a mop keeps showing up outside her house singing “Baby come back.”
* Are the Buffalo Bills recreating the script from the film Major League?
* Chargers partied on Friday night before loss to Jets, still not sure how that tiger got in the bathroom.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
So one might say that the Parker Brothers have a Monopoly on fishing at the lake. Hahahaha … hey! Who threw that rock?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles