Jan 19, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Time for blogdome! Snap the first photos of Tiger Woods since he went into hiding, and you could be rich! No fair using this guy! More stuff following the jump.
Tiger Woods Photos Could Be Worth $500K. Here’s what we know: Tiger Woods might still be on Planet Earth. After that, his whereabouts are speculative. … But whoever finds — and photographs — him first can expect a six-figure payout. Which explains why the media have descended on Hattiesburg, MS to stake out the Pine Grove Mental Health Facility. [AOL Fanhouse]
* Angry NHL Goalie Resorting To Fisticuffs? Awesome! Early in the second period, after Wild goaltender Niklas Backstrom surrendered four goals on only fifteen shots during the first twenty-five minutes of the Minnesota’s matchup with the Dallas Stars Monday night, coach Todd Richards pulled his starter and replaced him with Josh Harding. Little did Richards know that Harding would get involved in a little dustup with Stars center Steve Ott later in the period. [Sportress of Blogitude]
* Gilbert becomes a non-entity. Reader Dave sends along about the saddest image I can image, an Arenas jersey from Dick’s Sporting Goods in Fair Lakes. $75, marked down to $44.97, and then offered on the half-price rack. That’s $22.48, I guess. [DC Sports Bog]
* Puck Treasures: Resurface office desk with Zamboni vacuum. Such is the endless joy and freedom provided by the Zamboni Desk Vacuum, via Urban Trend. [Puck Daddy]
* Gil’s Gun. Today, here’s the type of gun the prosecution said Gilbert Arenas brought into the Verizon Center on Dec. 21, that fateful day that likely cost Arenas the rest of the season: Good lord. That’s a .500 magnum silver Smith and Wesson, and it’s like a cannon in your hand. [Mouthpiece Sports]
* Mark McGwire Comes Clean But He Is Still Dirty. Of comments that Jack Clark said he should be banned from baseball: “Well I heard he said something but I don’t know what he said. Like anybody else I would say, Listen, they have their own opinions. I was being honest and as honest as I am from the heart. I got it off of my chest and it is something that we can just all move on from.” [Sports Radio Interviews]
Contact blogdome at RickChand@Gmail.com.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found