Jan 18, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Most unexpected scene from the Vikings spanking of the Cowboys on Sunday — no, even more unexpected than Keith Brooking going after Favre on the sideline. It was in the locker room afterward.
We can thank American Idol for this, and by thank I mean seethe with secret rage. As Favre addressed the Vikings following their 34-3 win, he suddenly tugged his cap sideways and sang a verse of “Pants on the Ground,” that instant cult classic from last week’s American Idol Atlanta auditions. Here it is in all it’s glory.
Now, not only is the original becoming an annoying classic, but we’ve got cover versions. Check out Jimmy Fallon’s utterly brilliant rendition, following the jump.
So the Vikings become the first team to claim the song, written by 62-year-old Idol contestant General Larry Platt, who may as well have written it with the Cowboys in mind: “Lookin’ like a fool with your pants on the ground!”
Let us speak no more of this. We don’t want another William Hung, after all.
How does Favre celebrate a playoff win? By singing “Pants on the Ground,” of course! [Bareknucks]
Pants On The Ground: Neil Young’s Heart Wrenching Performance [Huffington Post]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found